Ingredients: Matcha Green Tea Lattes
1½ tsp. green tea (matcha) powder
1 Tbsp. hot water (not boiling water)
1 cup milk (cows, almond, soy, etc
1 tsp. sugar (optional)
Instructions to make Matcha Green Tea Lattes
1. Sift green tea powder into the cup to get rid of the lumps in the powder.
2. Add hot (not boiling) water and whisk vigorously until powder is all dissolved. This prevents the tea from having lumps in it so do not skip. The green tea paste should be smooth and foamy. I use a frother but you can also use a small regular whisk.
3. Add milk and sugar in a small pan. Heat the milk over medium heat until small bubbles start to appear around the edge of the saucepan. Do not bring the milk to full boil. Turn off the heat. (Or use cold milk for iced latte)
4. Froth the milk until foamy, about 10 seconds with a frother. If you don't have a frother, you can skip.
5. Add the hot milk and foam in the cup and dust the green tea powder on the top. (Add ice for an extra cold iced matcha green tea lattes).