Lentils are a staple ingredient employed in Indian cuisine. Lentil curry, or simply recognized as Dal or Dahl meaning to split, is a dish commonly eaten in numerous Indian households every day. It can either be created into a soupy dish, or a thick stew.
It is a dish that is incredibly easy to prepare, as all it consists of is boiling the lentils in some water and adding our Lentil Masala Spice mix along with chopped onions and tomato puree. It can be served simply as a soup, or with rice, roti, or naan bread and garnished with a sprig of coriander.
Lentil curry can be created by using a variety of diverse lentils, such as yellow split peas, yellow pigeon peas (toor dal), moong dal, chana dal (black chickpeas), urad dal (black gram), masoor dal (split red lentils), and rajma dal (split kidney beans).
Dal is eaten nearly each day in numerous Indian households, as it is incredibly healthier.
* It is a wonderful source of protein for those whose diets include of very tiny or no meat at all. Protein is an important nutrient for the human body, for development and maintenance purposes.
* It is also higher in carbohydrates that can help with your mood, promote weight loss, and help sharpen your memory, among other rewards.
* Dal is wealthy in thiamine which is very good for power production in the body, improves appetite and memory, aids in digestion and the production of red blood cells.
* It is also wealthy in folic acid which protects the cells from receiving broken, and is crucial for the healthier development of our cells and brain.
* Iron is very good for the formation of muscle overall health and function, brain function, and hemoglobin formation.
* Zinc is wonderful to boost the immune system. Dal is also fat free.
These are just a few of the rewards that come along with creating the delicious lentil curry dish making use of our Lentil Masala spice mix.